What is boudoir photography?
Boudoir – pronounced bŏo dwăawr comes from late 18th century French word and is translated as – a woman’s bedroom or a private sitting room. Boudoir photography, therefore, usually takes place in a setting such as a bedroom or a hotel room… an intimate setting to create classy images that can be soft, romantic, sexy, sensual, or naughty. The main focus of a boudoir photographer is to capture you in the most flattering way by guiding you through the poses that compliment your body type. It is an empowering experience and can help with confidence and seeing your true beauty. We also offer “Couple” sessions that include portraits of you and your partner in an intimate setting.
Why would I have a boudoir session?
1. You would love to surprise that special one in your life with a unique and personal gift…. There’s something about seeing him or her open that photo album for the first time and drool all over your sexy photos!
2. It can give you a confidence boost. O yes, we all occasionally get really tired of looking at these glossy magazines with “perfect” models on every page. Well, now it can be you looking back from a sexy picture. Why should only models have all the fun in front of the camera? Boudoir photography will help you discover that secret seductress in you
3. If you are already confident and just want to strut your sexy stuff in front of the camera and have some fun! Why not just make it all about you and give yourself a gift? It’ll be your little secret (ssshhhh, we wont tell anyone).
4. If you wants to capture your beauty forever. Lets face it, none of us are getting younger. 30 years from now, a boudoir photo shoot will be the proof of your hotness. Boudoir photo album will be one of your most cherished possessions 😉
5. If you’ve been married or in a relationship for a long time and well….want to revamp your private life with your partner.
6. If you are a woman that is thinking of having a baby and want to have a reference point of what you want your body to look like after the baby 😉
7. Whether you are a size 0 or 100, well maybe there is not such size but you get the point, there is no size, weight, or height limitations. Every person is beautiful in their own special way and boudoir photography is there to help you bring it out.
OK, so pretty much anyone is a great candidate for boudoir photography session. Hope to hear from you soon!
Where will it be?
It can take place in a hotel (client will be responsible for hotel fee) , your home, or in our “in home” boudoir setup.
I have four girlfriends interested in doing a boudoir session. Do you offer boudoir parties?
Yes we do. We can discuss more of that in detail if you decide that is something you would like.
If I have a boudoir party, are the shoots still private or will everyone be watching?
It depends on what each person is comfortable with. Some people are comfortable with doing the session in front of other clients while others prefer privacy. It is your choice. You are not obligate to do your session in front of other clients at the boudoir party.
Is there an option for a female photographer if I’m uncomfortable shooting with a man?
yes. I am a female photographer. There are no male photographers at Hoppman Photography
Will I be completely nude?
No. That is entirely up to you. If you would like to include nude photos in your session, then we can. You are not obligated to be nude. We will go with whatever you are comfortable with.
What happens if I’m extremely uncomfortable on the day of?
We will sit and talk a bit before the session and talk about poses and outfits. We try our best to make the session as comfortable as possible. This should be a positive experience for you and we want you to have fun and feel confident. We start off the session by talking about the session. We don’t just have you jump in lingerie right away and pose. You are not obligated to wear lingerie. Some clients wear “boyfriend” t-shirts or men’s shirts. OR just shirts and panties. We will discuss what you are comfortable with before the session to make it a great experience.
I’m a plus size woman, is boudoir still something I should consider?
Yes! Definitely. We photograph all body types. It is very empowering for plus size women to have a boudoir session. It allows them to see their true beauty.
Will these images be posted online or any social networks?
We normally go through the photos during the “reveal and order” appointment. This is the part where you choose which photos you would like to purchase. We also talk about which photos you are comfortable with us sharing online. Some clients are comfortable sharing any photos while others prefer for their face to be cropped out. We do ask that you let us share a few even if its just legs/back etc but its not a requirement.
Should I go tanning before my session?
If you choose to tan yourself for the session, do so 7 days before the session date.
Should I be waxed before my session?
We always encourage women to shave legs/underarms. Whether or not you want to wax your bikini area, that is up to you. It is not a requirement. Some women like a more natural look while others prefer to be waxed. If you choose to wax or shave bikini area, please be fully shaved/waxed 1 day prior to your session. (Please DO NOT wax unless you have prior experience.)
If I want the session at a hotel, then who is responsible for the cost? Or is that cost incorporated into the package amount?
If you want a session at a hotel, you will be responsible for the hotel fee.
How do I go about securing/reserving my session date and time?
You can secure your session date by paying the booking fee.
Can my friend come along?
We try to keep the amount of people at the session to a minimum. You may bring one friend or your partner.
How will I know how to pose?
We will talk about poses before the session.
I really don’t like “X” about me, can we shoot around it?
Yes we can shoot around anything you feel uncomfortable photographing.
Can this session be done at my house?
Yes. We do ask the client to consider their “setting” to make sure that your photos turn out their best. We want the best for you so we want to make sure there are no distractions in the background of your photos. If you have a lovely bedroom that you would like to use then you can send us a snapshot of it and we can let you know whether or not your photos will look great with that setting.
If you do post “sneak-peaks” online on your social network site, do you have to post mine?
No. We do not. But we always love to share how beautiful our clients are. If the client is uncomfortable sharing photos then we ask if client is comfortable with us sharing photos that let the client remain anonymous. (face cropped off, or photos of clients back, legs etc)
Do you offer professional retouching (e.g. fat reductions, zit removal, stretch mark removal)?
Retouching blemishes, cellulite, wrinkles, fat reductions, stretch mark removals are included if you request them. We try not to alter you too much because we want you to see your true beauty. We try not to remove permanent scars / wrinkles/ moles. we also do not like to do too much fat reduction because again, we want you to see how beautiful you really are.
Do you have any options to shoot outdoors?
It depends on if we have access to private property or a secluded area. We cannot shoot boudoir photos in a public place.
How much do boudoir sessions end up costing?
Clients usually spend between $800- $2000 for a session. It all depends on what you purchase during your “reveal and order ” appointment.